17 November 2007

If lurid headlines won't put you on a diet - nothing will

New Zealand refused entry to a heavyset bride, citing her as a health risk and potential drain on health care dollars. Mortifying! I can't imagine a greater motivation to going on the strictest eating and workout regime I can find than lurid international headlines and being banned entry to a country for excessive fatness. And during what is supposed to be one's happiest time of life! And she probably had already lost a lot of weight to get into her bridal gown as it was, that being the standard (or so I hear -- I never walked the petal - strewn path of a traditional wedding myself, instead chose a hastily put together courthouse elopement in a small town in Idaho ...the ex needed a green card and we needed to get it done before the school term began..I didn't even bother to take my overcoat off, although I did at least unbutton it for the occasion. I then proceeded to go into spasms of convulsive, maniacal laughter throughout the entire ''ceremony.'' I was absolutely unable to compose myself. Photos show me mouth wide open like some demented hyena. Well at least I wasn't refused entry to any country or too fat for anything, though I promptly became pregnant and too fat for lots of things)...Oy vey...

speaking of eating and overindulging... a link to restaurants in San Diego
San Diego Restaurants



No comments: